Well success is on the horizon. Monday we went to Home Depot and purchased the materials needed to organize my sewing room. I will post some pictures of it on the next blog as it was before.....sad, sad, sad. We started by purchasing two shelving units like you would put in a garage, they each hold 700 lbs and are 6 ft x 6 ft with 18 inch deep shelves. We figured this would be enough to hold my current stash and accomodate any new purchases. It turns out we did pretty good. I have been slowly working on it all week. Today I got 95 % of my fabric organized. It looks sooooo much better.
I had to move everthing in the room to one side for my husband to work in there. He bought 2 solid birch wood doors, they are 32 inches wide, and 2x4's for the legs and supports. The two doors will form an L shape in the room leaving plenty of room for my "regular" machine, serger, and embroidery machine. The rain this week has kept him from working much on it so far. But we need the rain for the garden and the well more than I need a sewing table, so I am thankful for it.
I am so excited about getting that room in order and ready to truly work in. The light will be so much better where my new table will be, and with all the new surface area, there should be a place for everything I own.
A good friend of mine offered to show me how to quilt today... so that is another thing I am looking forward to. As soon as I get a working area going I am going to take her up on it.