Friday, December 11, 2009

WOW!!!! My gift guides must wait.

What started as a bid on an Alchemy request has turned into a round the clock sewing fest! I have bid on so many, many things on Alchemy before ,and been turned down on 95% of them, that I honestly didn't even believe I would win the bid. The request? 3 Custom Christmas Stockings with embroidery and names. Now I have made stockings before but it was years ago, but embroidery I can do.....so I thought okay why not, I will bid. I WON!!! My sales have been so slow on Etsy that I get very excited about any type of sale, and this was not exception.


I scoured my design suppliers to find what I thought were the perfect images for these three stockings and communication begin. I finished the three stockings when we returned home from our Thanksgiving trip. Since that time I have listed the images along with a Custom Christmas Stocking lising on Etsy and I have posted about them on Facebook. In the last 2 weeks I have made 8 Stockings and I am working on 9,10,11 this weekend. They have all turned out lovely and everyone is thrilled with them, but I feel like my eyes are crossing from all the threading of the embroidery machine.


I am not complaining however, I am absolutely thrilled that I can find a niche where there are people who are excited about my work and want my items. It feels wonderful, I just hope the momentum will continue after the holidays.

So my readers will have to do some of their own searching for Etsy gifts.... because right now I am so busy sewing I can't even begin to search for you. LOL

Here are some pics of my stockings, if you are interested you can still order one until 12/17/09 and I should be able to get it to you by Christmas. Or keep me in mind for next year's stockings!
Thanks for sticking with me!

Jennifer











1 comment:

  1. The cardinal is my favorite, but I love them all. I am so glad your business has picked up. I have heard many positive comments on your wine bottle lamps too! Getting it together sometimes takes some time, but is so rewarding. Great job!

    ReplyDelete