Monday, November 23, 2009

Gifts of Nature

I intended to post this blog before I left to visit my family for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is truly my favorite holiday, I get to see all my family at once and we get to connect with each other again even if it is just for a short period of time. This year was above and beyond what I expected. My family has been affected by illness, arguments, and difficulties all year long. Yet on Thanksgiving day we all came together, like we haven't in years. We ate, of course, we visited, we played games, we laughed, we shared memories, the younger cousins made new memories with a sleepover, it was one of the best visits I can remember. The one thing I didn't do? I didn't shop Black Friday sales. I will do some online shopping, but I am resolute for that shopping to be on Etsy.



With all that being said, I want to bring you the next installment in my gift guide. I have picked lovely gifts for the outdoors, nature, earthy, type gift needs. I have picked things for your yard, garden, patio, even some live gifts! I hope you enjoy and I hope you will visit these shops and see all they have to offer. I feature only one item from each shop, but they all have so much more to offer.





First up is a great item for those on your list who are eco friendly as well as a bird lover. This interesting bird feeder is made from a recycled street light. A wonderful and unique idea this will be a great conversation piece at the next backyard gathering. Not only are you providing a wonderful gift for the bird lover on your list, but two dollars from your purchase is donated to the Nature Conservancy. You can find this great gift at http://www.redyellowandblueink.etsy.com/








Our next item is perfect for an evening garden party or a patio accessory. A lovely twist on the same old, same old candle holder; our artist calls these "Mood Lights". Crafted from a plum tree and fit with tea candles, this listing is for 3 mood lights in varying sizes. These lights are sure to strike the mood for your next outdoor gathering. Find this shop at http://www.lichenwoods.etsy.com/









I love windchimes, in fact I was surprised I was able to keep it to just one windchime item....but I restrained myself. This particular set of windchimes are different from any that I have ever seen. They are made from pottery pieces crafted by the shop's artist, which would give them a lovely and unique sound. Made in a lovely monochromatic color scheme, very natural and lovely! You can find this great shop at http://www.annemariespottery.etsy.com/









The next item on the list is a beautiful addition to your yard, stained glass house number panel. As you will find out about me by reading my blog, I pick things that I think will appeal to everyone, but I mostly pick stuff that I love. I adore stained glass, I think it is classic and beautiful and I love to see the sun shine through it. This panel sports your choice of colored glass numerals set in a background of clear glass mounted on solid brass legs this panel can be driven into the ground a good 3 inches to make it secure. Find this lovely shop full of wonderful stained glass options for your yard at : http://www.feralglass.etsy.com/









Looking for a departure from the plastic hummingbird feeders that hang outside your windows? So are your hummingbirds! They crave variety and beauty as much as you do. So banish the old plastic standby and find a great new option for your yard. This feeder is a fused glass piece, the lovely little dragonflies are fused into the glass during the firing process which makes them a permanent addition to the feeder. The artist suggest that these look really nice in groups. Go take a look at the wonderful variety that this shop offers at: http://www.gloriousglassgarden.etsy.com/




Staying within the bird theme, I have a more classic bird house for you. A folk art piece in bright yellow, it looks ready for someone to move right in. This would look great hanging on your porch, or sitting on a shelf. It is a perfect replica of a little cabin, complete with little red chimney and farmhouse plank door. This shop has a lot of great bird houses to choose from, go check them out and pick one for the bird lover on your list.






Don't you love a good hammock? The simply rhythmic motion of swinging above the ground, looking up into the bright blue sky, watching the clouds drift by and the birds circle overhead. There are few things in life that can relax you like a hammock. Whether you live in the woods, beach, or even have a small backyard in the city, it is a perfect gift. This shop offers handwoven hammocks made from quilted cotton. Large and comfy and would make a perfect family gift. They come in a variety of colors and patterns, so go pick yours! http://melissathelibrarian.etsy.com/




Next up we have a very interesting lighting fixture. This shop features mostly one of a kind lighting options. Taking cast off chandelier, lamps, night lights, etc and completely refacing and restoring them; then adding beading, small sculptures, and all sorts of other additions. The result is a fabulous one of a kind lighting fixture for your garden, living room, bedrooms, etc... The item I am featuring today is a chandelier in a cage style with small dragonflies mounted around the outside of the cage. Lovely aqua, green, and white beads hang from the bottom, in the center a medium size pillar candle for a wonderful glow.




Find more by this great artist at http://shabulouscreations.etsy.com/
Then I found this lovely shop which specializes in stained glass, fused glass, stepping stones, windows, etc. There were so many wonderful things in this shop that I wanted to show you the whole thing.... but I contained myself and picked one item that I thought was bright and beautiful. This will remind you that spring and summer are right around the corner and fill you with joy and sunlight! This item is a fused glass item which means that the glass is set then the concrete poured around it. You can find this item and a huge amount of other perfect gifts at : http://acolorfulcreation.etsy.com/ My final item is a truly unique item that is the perfect item to help bring the outdoors inside this holiday season, and can last all year long. A living decoration that is low maintenance that is beautiful and unique. Clear ornament balls filled with a living terrarium, there are several style to choose from, but whatever you choose you can't go wrong with this gift. You can find them at :


I hope that you have enjoyed this edition of the gift guide, and had a great time browsing the shops I have featured. If you don't have a nature lover on your list, stay tuned there are more categories to come! I still have plans for a children's addition, women, and lots more in mind.
I found this week as I visited family they would say.... now what is this Etsy thing? If you are unsure, here it is in a nut shell. Etsy is an online marketplace for handmade items! It is that simple, craftspeople around the world come together in one place to bring you beautiful, wellmade, unique, functional, fun items. We are passionate about the handmade movement and want to provide you with great customer service. Most of us offer customization of our items to fit your needs, and we love to work with you the customer. If you have questions or aren't sure how to navigate Etsy, email me or post a comment and I will walk you through it!
Happy Shopping, whatever your need is!
Jenjie























No comments:

Post a Comment