Friday, December 18, 2009

A new shop is on its way!

I have often wondered why someone would open a new Etsy shop, I mean good grief isn't one shop enough for anyone to keep up with? The answer to that question is yes! It is enough to keep one shop up. Yet I have polled the chat rooms and forums to understand why this happens and I have found that there are good and valid reasons for having two shops. Not only that, but given my current success with my Christmas Stockings I have decided to open a second shop myself. It may seem a little premature, but it is a thought that will not leave me alone and when that happens I find that I need to do it!

I will be opening in the next week or so a new shop dedicated to Christmas items, I have a whole brain full of wonderful ideas and new great items that I am just dying to get started on......well that is after I have given myself a couple of days to rest. I am super excited about this shop and its potential. For the last little while with my Jenjie Stuff shop I have felt adrift....not really sure of what I was doing and not really having any sales! This shop feels right, it feels like home, I can almost see it in my head and I know what it would look like live.

If this shop were reality it would be on the square in Dahlonega. As you walk in the door you are transported instantly, the walls are painted cranberry with murals that make you feel like you are in a winter village. There are large trees decked out with handmade ornaments and covered in twinkling lights and bows. There are shelves of wood holding books and cards and other assorted items. Hot chocolate and coffee and chocolate chip cookies are always available. My handmade stockings and tree skirts are hung all around the walls. Children come in for story time and sit in the corner listening intently as they are read too. Mother's and Grandmothers browse through my items to find the perfect gift for their family and I sit behind my machine right there in the store creating new items and basking in the glow of my little world......

But this isn't a reality store, it is a virtual store! So instead I will work to find the perfect banner, avatar, and I will fill my store with fabulous items. I hope you will all come visit me. I will be blogging and giving you a preview when I get it ready to go! Until then, have a wonderful holiday, and if you don't celebrate the holidays then have a great couple of weeks!

Jennifer

http://www.facebook.com/jenjiestuff
http://www.jenjie.etsy.com
http://www.twitter.com/jenjie73

No comments:

Post a Comment